Tuesday, March 22, 2011

minding our own business

Yesterday I went to Holy Cross in Mt. Lebanon for Great Compline and Bible Study. I was hanging out, talking with Fr. John before the service started, in the vestry. When Deacon Frank walked in and we were making smalltalk while he vested, he said that, even before his ordination, he translated confessions. When Father John asked if he remembered any of them, Deacon Frank said no, I have enough to worry about myself. I think this is a good way of looking at life. We are tempted to judge others and meddle in their business, when we have so much to worry about in our own life. I think it’s good to remember that we are so screwed up and sinful that why put more on ourselves by worrying about others?? Sufficient to ourselves is our own trouble (to paraphrase the Bible).

No comments:

Post a Comment