Saturday, October 9, 2010

Ordination (not mine, of course!!!)

Last Sunday, James said, "Hey! There's a Ukrainian Hierarchical Liturgy and Ordination on Saturday! Anyone wanna come?" James is a first year seminarian and Ukrainian subdeacon. Many were interested but for various conflicts I was the only one who was able to go. I had been told it would be all in Ukrainian so I was a bit disappointed when it was half and half, English and Ukrainian. The Ukrainian was still cool, though. Please keep newly-ordained FATHER BORISLAV, his wife PANI IZABELA and their daughter ANNA in your prayers, as well as the parish to which they will be assigned beginning next Sunday (Oct 17).

I'm staying on campus tomorrow for Liturgy and the memorial for Bishop Gerasimos (on what would have been his 100th birthday). I hope to get off campus on Sundays more often, beginning next week. I think I'll make my rounds to different parishes and experience the various cultural expressions of Orthodoxy. Please add your private prayers for the repose of the soul of Bishop Gerasimos, and ask his intercessions before God for all of us. Blessed Bishop Gerasimos, if you have boldness, pray to God for us! Memory Eternal!

I'm now working in the computer lab six hours a week - Friday nights and Saturday afternoons. If I need to go away for the weekend, it's very easy to find a replacement, and I get to sit at the desk and study for about 95% of the time. The other 5%, I'm opening up, locking up, turning computers on, turning computers off, and helping with the occasional technical issue (which printer to print to). It's a great job, although five hours last night was a little long and tiring because Seraphim called off, who was supposed to work after me for two hours, and I volunteered to take his shift.

That's it for now! Bedtime! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment