Sunday, February 6, 2011

Christ coming back in 2012

I originally posted this three years ago, on my OrthodoXCircle blog page. OrthodoXCircle recently went down for maintenance. With forewarning, I saved all my blogs, and intend to post them on here gradually. Here is my opinion on the "end of the world in 2012" theory. *Flashback music*

I was listening to Hank Hannagraph (sp?) "The Bible Answer-Man." dont ask why. My dad likes to listen to him in the car when there's nothing else to listen to. Somebody called in and was like "what do you think of so and so who said that Christ is coming back in 2012?" and (good for Hank!) he was like That's absurd! Now, that started me thinking that I should blog...My take on this is the following:
The guy (they played a recording of him explaining why the world is gonna end in 2012) was like "well, the number of generations in Matthew's geneaology, plus the number in Luke, minus 14, cuz thats the Hebrew Numerical number of King David, divided by 7, cuz thats the perfect number in Revevlation...." and a bunch of other biblical numerical references. "And you come up with 2012." Now, this is my take on this...
This guy who was quoting the Bible right and left...did he bother to see what Jesus had to say about people like him?
But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. (Matthew 24:23, Luke 12:39)
Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning— (Mark 13:35)
Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. (Matthew 25:13)
I could cite a bunch of other examples like this...Point is, that the Bible clearly says that we don't know...Jesus very well could come in 2012. He could also come before I'm done blogging this blog. He could also come tomorrow. He could also come in 3000 years. He could also come next week some time.
Let me close by saying this... It was told me by a priest that it is a "little t" tradition that Christ will come during the Divine Liturgy. He told me that that is true, because there is always a Divine Liturgy going on somewhere in the world.
(my question is...what if he comes during Lent? it wont be a Divine Liturgy during that time...whatev...lol)
Well, thats about it...I just had to vent that out somewhere...
-Manoli the Canoli

No comments:

Post a Comment